Media and Cultural Studies
2151 Vilas Hall
Ben Pettis is a PhD candidate in Media and Cultural Studies. He studies internet culture and Web histories with an emphasis on individual people and their day-to-day use of platforms.
- M.A. – Communication Studies, Colorado State University, 2020
- B.A. – Media Studies, University of Oregon, 2018
- B.A. – Cinema Studies, University of Oregon, 2018
- Pettis, Ben T., 2022. reCAPTCHA challenges and the production of the ideal web user. Convergence.
- Pettis, Ben T., 2021. Know Your Meme and the Homogenization of Web History. Internet Histories.
- Pettis, Ben T., 2022. The New Laws of Love: Online Dating and the Privatization of Intimacy by Marie Bergström. Internet Histories.
- Pettis, Ben T., 2020. The Costs of Connection: How Data is Colonizing Human Life and Appropriating It for Capitalism by Nick Couldry and Ulises Ali Mejias. Critical Studies in Media Communication.
- CA 155 – Intro to Digital Media Production (Teaching Assistant)
- CA 250 – Survey of Contemporary Media (Teaching Assistant)