Declaring the Communication Arts Major

  • L&S students interested in pursuing a Communication Arts major complete a major declaration form to declare the major. Forms to declare the major are available in the Communication Arts Academic Advising Offices (6070 and 6068 Vilas Hall) and the Communication Arts Main Office (6117 Vilas).

  • Students who are not currently in the College of Letters and Science (L&S) need to either transfer into L&S or have permission from their school or college to pursue an additional major in Communication Arts. Instructions for transferring into L&S are available on the L&S Student Academic Affairs website.

Students interested in pursuing a Communication Arts major no longer need to apply for admission or earn a minimum grade point average to declare the Communication Arts major (Effective May 26, 2015).