6051 Vilas Hall
- Tuesday: 10:30-11:30 AM
- Thursday: 2:30-3:30 PM
- And by appointment
Expertise and Activities
My interest in children’s media peaked while receiving my B.S. in psychological science in the hometown of Mr. Fred Rogers. During my time working in the Fred Rogers Center for Early Learning and Children’s Media at Saint Vincent College, I started to explore and question the children’s media world. I am particularly interested in how fantastical elements on TV impact children’s learning and application of intended lessons. This has led me to UW – Madison’s Ph.D. program in Communication Arts to study under the mentorship and expertise of Marie-Louise Mares.
- Chancellor’s Fellowship, University of Wisconsin – Madison, 2018
- Top Undergraduate Poster Award, Eastern Communication Association Conference, 2016
- Who’s Who Among American Universities and Colleges, 2015
- Fred Rogers Scholar at Saint Vincent College, 2013
- 2016. Correlations between childhood and adolescent television viewing and adult academic self-efficacy and grit. Poster Presentation. Eastern Psychological Association Conference.
- 2016. 123, ABC getting parents to Sesame Street. Poster Presentation. Eastern Communication Association Conference.
- 2015. The effects of adult guidance on children’s persistence. Poster Presentation. Eastern Psychological Association Conference.
- CA 272 Introduction to Interpersonal Communication
- CA 325 Media & Human Behavior