2153 Vilas Hall
Expertise and Activities
Research interests include:
- Contemporary Hollywood comedy
- Gag-based comedy
- Joe Dante
- Gender and comedy
- Transmedia comedy
- Race and comedy
- Coordinating Editor (Submissions Editor), The Velvet Light Trap, Fall 2018.
- Editorial Board and Reader, The Velvet Light Trap, Fall 2014, Fall 2015, Fall 2017, Fall 2019.
- M.A. Communication Arts – Film, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2015
- B.A. Film History and Criticism, Minnesota State University Moorhead, 2010
- Elliott Dissertation Scholarship, Department of Communication Arts, UW-Madison, 2019
- Graduate School Fellowship, The Graduate School of the University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2018
- Helen K. Herman Memorial Fund Scholarship, Department of Communication Arts, UW-Madison, 2018
- Honored Instructor, University Housing (UW-Madison), 2014
- Ted Larson Scholarship, MSUM Film Studies, 2009
- 2019. “The Black Cat: From Caligari to Hitler in One Lurid Package.” Cinematheque (UW-Madison), Feb 26, http://cinema.wisc.edu/blog/2019/02/26/black-cat-caligari-hitler-one-lurid-packa….
- 2019. “Black Book: The Paradoxical Pleasures of the War Thriller.” Cinematheque (UW-Madison), Apr 23, http://cinema.wisc.edu/blog/2019/04/23/black-book-paradoxical-pleasures-war-thri….
- 2019. “Laughter on the Larger Television: Adapting TV Comedy Series To Film,” Literature/Film Association, Portland State University, Portland, OR, September 13, 2019.
- 2018. “Angel of Mirth: The Use of Thrash and Death Metal in Contemporary Hollywood Comedies,” SWPACA, Albuquerque, NM, February 07, 2018.
- 2018. “Of Gremlins and Popstars: Considering the Legacy of Vulgar Modernism,” SCMS, Toronto, ON, March 14, 2018.
- 2018. “I must have broken some taboo”: The Reception of Women in Vulgar Comedies of the New Hollywood,” Women and New Hollywood, Maynooth University, Maynooth, Ireland, May 29, 2018.
- 2010. “Sounds of Ecstasy: Music in the Films of Werner Herzog,” Minnesota State University Moorhead Student Academic Conference, Moorhead, MN.
- 2009. “Through A Looking Glass Darkly: The Parallax View and War of the Worlds as Filmed American Nightmares,” Minnesota State University Moorhead Student Academic Conference, Moorhead, MN.
- CA 100 Intro to Speech Composition
- CA 105 Public Speaking
- CA 300 Film Comedy
- CA 300 Film Comedy (Lecturer, Summer 2019)
- CA 350 Introduction to Film
- CA 552 Contemporary Hollywood Cinema