3159 Vilas Hall
I am a media producer and video artist specializing in screen dance, multimedia performance, documentary, and narrative storytelling. I have taught production courses for the UW Communication Arts Department for the last ten years, but I am currently working as a member of the support staff for the Com Arts Instructional Media Center facilitating equipment and media circulation. I am also staff videographer for the UW Division of the Arts.
- M.A. Communication Arts, Film Studies, University of Wisconsin, 2010
- B.A. Communication Arts-Radio, TV, & Film, 2007
Honors, Awards, & Grants
- Honorary guest coach for UW Badgers football, Office of Academic Services, Fall 2019
- University Housing Honored Instructor, University of Wisconsin, Spring 2017
- Excellence Award honoring UW-Madison Faculty/Staff/Community who support First Wave Scholars’ success, both inside and outside the classroom: The Office of Multicultural Arts Initiatives (OMAI)/First Wave, Division of Diversity, Equity, and Educational Achievement, Fall 2015
- BLINK Grant, Madison Arts Commission, April 2014
MindStorm (2020), Multimedia Performance: Co-Producer, Co-director, Video Artist. March 6-7. MMSD Planetarium, Madison, WI.
From the Ashes (2019), Documentary, 18 min: Director, Cinematographer, Sound Recordist, Editor.
Video installation: “Phoenix from the Ashes.” Playhouse Gallery, Overture Center of the Arts, Madison, WI. Sept. 6-Oct. 27.
Elemental (2017), Screen Dance, 5 min: Co-producer, Co-cinematographer, Co-editor, Sound Designer.
- 2019 Migrations Dance Film Programme
- 2019 Wildwood Film Festival
- 2019 Green Bay Film Festival
- 2018 Capitol Dance & Cinema Festival
- 2018 Flatlands Dance Film Festival
- 2018 Portland Dance Film Fest
- 2018 Cascadia Dance & Cinema Festival
- 2018 Tiny Dance Film Festival
- 2018 Madison Municipal Building Grand Opening
- 2018 Rooftop Cinema at MMoCA
- StandardVision Award for Artistic Merit, Dance Magazine Video of the Month Winner
Frames (2012), Narrative Feature, 90 min: Co-producer, Cinematographer, Colorist
- 2012 Derby City Film Festival
- 2012 Wisconsin Film Festival
- 2012 Kansas International Film Festival
- 2012 Mt. Hood Independent Film Festival
- No Budge (February 2013)
- NuHo Online Film Festival (February 2014)
- L.A. Cine-Salon (May 2014)
- Fandependent Films (September 2016)
- 2012 Award for Artistic Integrity (Mt. Hood Independent Film Fest)
- 2013 Best Feature Award (No Budge)
- Over 4 million views on YouTube
- Remade in India as Perceptions (2017, dir. Virinchi Virivinti)