- 2154 Vilas Hall
- By appointment
My research interests are Iranian Cinema, Digital Cinema, New Media, Comedy, Art and Independent Cinema, Aesthetics of Cinema, and Cognitive Studies in Film. I have been on the editorial board of the peer-reviewed journal Velvet Light Trap since 2014.
I'm a filmmaker as well, and have made several short films. I have expertise in directing, cinematography, screenwriting, sound recording and mixing, and editing.
My passion in public humanities has led me to give public lectures to different communities. In addition to that, I'm the director and programmer of the Wisconsin Iranian Film Festival, which had its second year in February 2018.
- M.A. Film Studies, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2015
- M.A. Cinema, University of Tehran, 2013
- B.S. Electrical Engineering, University of Tehran, 2010
- Public Humanities Exchange (HEX) Award , UW Center for the Humanities , 2018
- Graduate School Fellowship , UW-Madison , 2018
- Helen K. Herman Memorial Fund Scholarship , UW-Madison , 2017
- Robert J. Wickhem Award for Excellence in Media Production , UW-Madison , 2016
- Mellon Foundation Area and International Studies Research Fellowship , UW-Madison , 2013
- Ranked 2nd in Iran's National University Entrance Exam for M.A. in Cinema among more than 2000 participants , 2010
- 2013. "The Aesthetics of Long Take in Michael Haneke's Cinema." Avanca | Cinema , 808 - 815 .
- Immortal (2018) 20min. HD Color/Sound
- Daylight News... (2013) 8min. HD B/W/Sound
- 2018. "Musical Inspiration: The influence of Iranian Underground Music on Iranian Underground Cinema," Music and the Moving Image (MaMI) Conference , New York, New York .
- 2017. "Cross-dressing Iranian Style: An Exploration of Cross-dressing in Iranian Comedy Films from 1995 to the Present," SCMS Annual Conference - Society for Cinema and Media Studies , Chicago, Illinois .
- 2016. "Contemporary Iranian Cinema," University of Wisconsin-Washington County .
- 2016. "Color Makes a Difference: The Emotional and Narrative Influence of the Patterns of Color in No Country for Old Men," SCSMI (Society for Cognitive Studies of the Moving Image) Conference , Ithaca, New York .
- 2015. "Shoot and Run: Modes of Production in Recent Iranian Underground Cinema," SCMS Annual Conference - Society for Cinema and Media Studies , Montréal, Québec .
- CA 355 - Introduction to Media Production
- CA 350 - Introduction to Film