- Teaching Assistant
- 2153 Vilas Hall
Research interests include:
• Contemporary Hollywood comedy
• Gag-based comedy
• Joe Dante
• Gender and comedy
• Transmedia comedy
Coordinating Editor (Submissions Editor), The Velvet Light Trap, Fall 2018.
Editorial Board and Reader, The Velvet Light Trap, Fall 2014, Fall 2015, Fall 2017.
- M.A. Communication Arts - Film, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2015
- B.A. Film History and Criticism, Minnesota State University Moorhead, 2010
- Elliott Dissertation Scholarship , Department of Communication Arts, UW-Madison , 2019
- Graduate School Fellowship , The Graduate School of the University of Wisconsin-Madison , 2018
- Helen K. Herman Memorial Fund Scholarship , Department of Communication Arts, UW-Madison , 2018
- Honored Instructor , University Housing (UW-Madison) , 2014
- Ted Larson Scholarship , MSUM Film Studies , 2009
- 2019. "The Black Cat: From Caligari to Hitler in One Lurid Package." Cinematheque (UW-Madison) , Feb 26 , http://cinema.wisc.edu/blog/2019/02/26/black-cat-caligari-hitler-one-lurid-packa... .
- 2019. "Black Book: The Paradoxical Pleasures of the War Thriller." Cinematheque (UW-Madison) , Apr 23 , http://cinema.wisc.edu/blog/2019/04/23/black-book-paradoxical-pleasures-war-thri... .
- 2018. "Angel of Mirth: The Use of Thrash and Death Metal in Contemporary Hollywood Comedies," SWPACA , Albuquerque, NM , February 07, 2018 .
- 2018. "Of Gremlins and Popstars: Considering the Legacy of Vulgar Modernism," SCMS , Toronto, ON , March 14, 2018 .
- 2018. ""I must have broken some taboo": The Reception of Women in Vulgar Comedies of the New Hollywood," Women and New Hollywood, Maynooth University , Maynooth, Ireland , May 29, 2018 .
- 2010. "Sounds of Ecstasy: Music in the Films of Werner Herzog," Minnesota State University Moorhead Student Academic Conference , Moorhead, MN .
- 2009. "Through A Looking Glass Darkly: The Parallax View and War of the Worlds as Filmed American Nightmares," Minnesota State University Moorhead Student Academic Conference , Moorhead, MN .
- CA 100 Intro to Speech Composition
- CA 105 Public Speaking
- CA 300 Film Comedy
- CA 300 Film Comedy (Lecturer, Summer 2019)
- CA 350 Introduction to Film
- CA 552 Contemporary Hollywood Cinema