Townsquare Media is looking for a summer intern! The internship opportunity at Townsquare Media is an 8 week internship, unpaid, with a full immersion for the student in how a traditional media company has transformed itself into a 21st century, diversified media company that manages to stay true to its core mission of serving the local communities where we live. The intern will have weekly interactions with me, Erik Hellum, COO at Townsquare, and will also work closely with me on a mutually agreed upon project.
Among other things, this intern will have the opportunity to…
- Spend a week at our largest station and one of the top news/talk stations in America, NJ1015.
- Spend a week working at one of our music festivals
- Spend a week or two working in our NY office (900 Third Avenue) with our digital team, creator of national music sites such as XXL, Taste of Country, PopCrush, Loudwire and more
- Spend a week in one of our smaller to mid-size markets, to be able to compare and contrast to a larger operation like NJ1015
- Spend a few weeks in our corporate office working on specific projects, including the major project with Erik Hellum
- Communication Arts major
- Interested in a career in media, especially radio.
- Self-starter, curious, and focused.
- Able to handle a nontraditional intern schedule and in fact be energized by it.
- Spring 2020 graduates are eligible for this internship.
Hours: The internship will begin in early June and end in early August.
Deadline: Thursday, February 13, 2020
Application: Townsquare Media Internship Application
Additional Info: Communication Arts will review the applications, select a group of finalists, and forward those applications to Townsquare Media. Finalists will be notified that their applications have been forwarded.