Interns for MidWest Communications will learn about the promotions and on-air side of the radio industry. They will job shadow with all the departments within the building to gain further knowledge about the industry as a whole.
Interns will assist with and learn about:
- radio remotes
- production of shows
- podcast creation
- concert and event promotions
- contest giveaways
- social media promotions
- communications with the public
- data analysis
This is an unpaid, 13 week internship (June – August). Interns will be responsible for submitting a bi-weekly time sheet and will be required to submit a weekly write-up for knowledge they had gained each week.
Desired Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Must be a Communication Arts major
- Possess leadership qualities
- Demonstrate the ability to be given a task and complete it with minimal supervision
- Interest in the radio industry as a whole; whether it is on air, sales, marketing or technical abilities in running a board
- Spring 2020 graduates are eligible to apply to this internship.
Location: Green Bay, WI
Deadline: Thursday, February 13, 2020
Application: Midwest Communications Radio Internship
Additional Information: Communication Arts will review the applications, select a group of finalists, and forward those applications to Midwest Communications. Finalists will be notified that their applications have been forwarded.