The CBS executive training intern will gain a broad overview of network television, working with top CBS executives in programming, media relations, scheduling, business affairs and finance. The internship offers a unique, comprehensive perspective on the television industry.
Duties: Responsibilities include screening series, basic financial analysis, basic spreadsheet creation, and other administrative tasks.
- The selected Communication Arts major should demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in television.
- Preference given to applicants with prior media-related (TV, radio, film) internships or experience.
- While we plan to offer steady guidance, he or she should also be able to work somewhat independently at times.
- A car or personal transportation isn’t required, but it would open up additional opportunities, such as attending table reads and show tapings.
- Junior or senior standing.
- Spring 2020 graduates are eligible to apply.
Pay: $13.25 per hour. The recipient will also receive a $2500 stipend/scholarship (Communication Arts Alumni Internship Fund).
Hours: 37 1/2 – 40 hours per week for 6-8 weeks, starting mid-June.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Deadline: Thursday, February 13, 2020
Application: CBS Executive Training Internship Application
Additional Information: Communication Arts will review the applications, select a group of finalists, and forward those applications to CBS. Finalists will be notified that their applications have been forwarded.